1. God surprises us in really great ways. We found a long term rental in Reykjavik that would be "perfect" for the Jessup household. It listed on Tuesday, it was shown on Thursday and Friday to at least 17 other families. I was asked to write a "why I should rent to you" paper for the owners. I really did not think we would secure the house. I got an e-mail today with a rental contract. WOW. Takk Fyrir' Lord Jesus.
2. If you mix fish, creamy potatoes, and melt cheese on top it makes a wonderful lunch. Thank you Shelia Fitzgerald and Lindin. That meal was amazing!
3. An Americano in Iceland is a little different than an Americano in the States. I kind of like Iceland's a little better.
4. A french roast coffee in Iceland is a little lighter than a french roast coffee in the States. I like the States a little better.
5. I will continue to complain about high gas prices in the states, but a little less since I am not paying $8.15 a gallon. Yes it hurts to fill up, but it does lighten your wallet from all the Kronas. (That's Icelandic money not beer)
6. Toyota makes a really cool station wagon in Europe. I just keep telling myself this so I want have another mid life crisis. The last one came when I got the minivan.
7. The 66 North clothing Outlet is still really expensive, but I found some other good outlets where jeans are under $100.
8. I'm learning how gracious Icelanders are as I butcher the Icelandic language. They are more gracious than my English teachers were in school as I butchered the English language.
I hope you enjoyed these thoughts.
Praying and believing that God will touch the world from the Northernmost capital.